The key to ORA’s success is expertise and experience. The diverse nature of the membership offers a wealth of experience in a variety of sectors. This is supported by the ORA Management Team who maintain an objective overview of the associations activities and provide direction in order to drive the association and industry forward.
Chairman - Mr. Vin Vernon
Vin Vernon is currently a Director of Oil Salvage Limited, a national waste oil, hazardous waste collector and PFO Producer. With 26 years experience in a variety of operational and compliance roles, he has a wealth of experience in practically applying waste and environmental legislation at a number of operational levels.
Vice Chairman - Mr. Chris Williamson
Chris Williamson formed ProTreat in 2011. ProTreat is dedicated to offering a cost saving recycling and waste management consultancy service, by helping companies to develop solutions for dealing with waste management issues effectively and economically. Chris is an experienced consultant in environmental and waste matters who managed the first successful defence to an Environment Agency Crown Court prosecution in 1998. In 2007, he steered OSS Group Limited in its landmark Court of Appeal End of Waste ruling. In 2016, via a judicial review case brought by ProTreat, he succeeded in changing the government’s legal position in England & Wales to bring Small Waste Oil Burners within the remit of the Industrial Emissions Directive.
Executive Director – Mr. Barrie Thomas
Barrie is an experienced Waste, Renewable Energy and Environmental Consultant, with his own small company and over 30 years experience in industry, working in a variety of technically based senior management roles. This work to date has involved :
- Delivering waste, water and energy efficiency improvements in manufacturing environments
- Delivering successful projects for renewable energy technologies - such as wind turbines - in addition to biomass and biogas plants
- Working on a unique friction based waste to oil pyrolysis technology, handling all technical aspects of its development and installation such as the HAZID/HAZOP studies and assisting with the process development, installation and initial operation of the plant.
- Managing an anaerobic digestion plant for more than 10 years
- Carrying out due diligence and business development work on waste to energy and biomass focussed energy project
ORA is supported by a Committee of Management comprising:
1. Mr. Lewis Walker
2. Mr. James Whelan